With growing challenges worldwide, industries including Healthcare, Automation, Manufacturing, Security & Safety, see the importance of
further development in the field of Robot Technology (RT). A crucial stage in facilitating RT and gaining support is to bring experts from
around the world to one meeting point.Dubai’s strategic location connecting East and West has transformed the city into a global trade hub. With nearly 43% of the population under the age of 30, the city represents a culture which is future-oriented.
Its government aspires to invest in the latest innovations and shows a strong will in supporting new ideas, enabling continuous economic
growth, and fostering a transformation to a knowledge economy.
Gathering knowledge and technology from around the globe, the Robot Technology Exhibition – Dubai (RTEX – Dubai) will be the first event in
the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) exhibiting the latest innovations in Robotics & Automation. RTEX presents a distinguished source
for companies and investors to enter a unique market and experience a new level of science and technology.
By hosting this event, Dubai continues its successful path of being a first mover in the region as well as worldwide. RTEX hopes to add value to Dubai’s rising economy by involving various business sectors, creating employment opportunities, attracting international investors, and catapulting the city to a tech hub.
Anyone not only from the Industrial but also from the Medical, Transportation, Defense, Construction, Agriculture, Education and numerous other fields will find solutions of their interest in RTEX. RTEX will cover all RT related sectors in one show and will be organized yearly.
The key message of RTEX is ‘Better by Robot’ and its theme will revolve around the idea that a future with Robot Technology will be a better and safer one for humanity.
What makes Dubai unique is the hospitality that Visitors from its neighboring countries experience when they come to the Emirate for
Business. The City has become the first choice in location for regional and international players to meet and discuss common interests and
opportunities. Exhibiting at RTEX allows companies to not only develop business locally but in an equal measure on a regional level.
• RTEX is designed to provide a platform for companies to exhibit their products and present the latest RT advancements.
• By participating, companies can contribute to the promotion of this innovative technology in the MENA region and develop new businesses.
• As a B2B & B2C exhibition, RTEX provides a meeting point for exhibitors, non-trade visitors, as well as further industry specialists from around the world to exchange their expertise and concepts.
What is Robotics
Robotics is defined as the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots. Further-more it includes computer systems for their control, sensory feed-back, and information processing.
• are automated machines that can assist human beings in manufacturing processes
• can assist as service robots for domestic and professional use
• can replace a human being in hazardous conditions
• can be equipped with senses similar to that of a human and even the ability to make simple decisions
1. Industrial Robotics and Automation
Industrial Robots, as deﬁned by ISO 8373, are “automatically controlled, reprogrammable, multipurpose manipulator programmable in three or more axes, which may be either ﬁxed in place or mobile for use in industrial automation applications”.
• SCARA • Special and Flexible Robots
• Articulated Robots
• Industrial Control Systems
• Delta Robots
• SCADA and PLC
• Cartesian Robots
Targeting Applications such as:
• Palletizing & de-palletizing
• Inspecting and Testing
• Moulding and Casting
• Clean room
• Special Applications
2. Services Robotics
According to the International Federation of Robotics (IFR) a Service Robot is“a robot which operates semi- or fully autonomously to perform services useful tothe well-being of humans and equipment, excluding manufacturing operations”.
A. Medical & Health Care
• Surgery Robots
• Telepresence Robots
• Robotic Preparers
• Robotic Dispensers
B. Security / Safety
• Search and Rescue Robots
• Security Enforcement Robots
C. Space, Aviation, Transportation
• Space Robotics
• Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
• Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
• Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicles (ROV)
• Unmanned Marine Surface Vessels
• Mobile Robotics
D. Personal, Home, & Educational Robots
• Robotic Household Assistants
• Companion Robots
• Educational Robots
E. Special Applications
• Pipe Inspection Robots
• Demining Robots
• Bomb Disposal Robots
• Robots in the Arts
• Entertainment Robots
• Agricultural Robotics
3. Supporting Technologies and Services
• Robot Vision and Perception Systems
• Laser and Ultrasound Rangers
• Sensors, Actuators, and Grippers for Robots
• Mapping, Navigation, and Localization
• Multimodal Interfaces and Dialogue Systems
• Robot Cloud
• ROS and Software Architectures for Robots
• Legal and Societal Advocacy for Robotics
• Industrial Automation Software
• Research Labs
• Training Institutes
• Clubs and Societies